- Vascular Disease
You are never to old to start your Pole Walking. If you suffer from peripheral vascular disease, ask your doctor before you start.
However, a moderate physical activity, like Nordic Pole Walking, will help you increase circulation without getting exhausted. This exercise will help you get back in shape, and is more effective than just regular walking.
Researchers concluded that pole walking effectively improved both the exercise tolerance and perceived quality of life of patients suffering from PVD.
Collins et al., 2003
- 52 (65-70 yrs) patients with peripheral vascular diseases (PVD).
- Three weekly session of pole walking for 30-45 min.Pre- and post peak oxygen uptake
- Quality of Life -interview and biweekly ankle blood pressure measurements were conducted
- Pole group improved exercise tolerance significantly, they had also less claudicating pain after exercise.
- Distance and walking speed improvement in pole groups.
- Researchers concluded that pole walking effectively improved both the exercise tolerance and perceived quality of life of patients with PVD.
Sign up for Nordixx News. We let you know about upcoming trips, workshops, new products, and expansion updates.
Recent News / Events