Who is the Instructor Certification Course designed for?
Nordic Pole Walking originated in Finland and dates back to the early 20th century. Cross-country skiers used their ski poles for snow-free exercise to stay in good physical condition during the summer months. The term Nordic Walking or Pole Walking was born in 1997 when a Finnish ski equipment manufacturer, in cooperation with athletes and sport medicine experts, developed a fitness walking pole with an innovative wrist strap system. The wrist strap is the key component to the Pole Walking technique that allows walkers to perform the full range of motion that are associated with physical and health-related benefits. The Nordic Pole Walking Instructor Certification Course consists of 8 hours of practical and instructional time including clinical studies with a short multiple-choice test at the end of the session. The focus of this course is to prepare you to teach NPW effectively to your clients. The curriculum of NPW Canada is based on clinical health studies and on more than a decade of practical experience through Dr. Klaus Schwanbeck form Berlin, Germany. There are ten to fifteen million European Nordic Pole Walkers. We are about to learn what they already know about the positive effects of NPW.
Who is the Nordic Pole Walking Instructor Certification Course designed for?
The NPW Instructors Certification Course is designed for those who are curious about this form of exercise for their own personal knowledge and growth or to those who want teach and/or share the Nordic Pole walking technique with others.
- Nordic Pole Walking is an excellent all-year exercise that can add value to Fitness and Health Centres, Vacation Resorts and Corporate Wellness Programs.
- NPW certification adds value to the resume of Fitness Instructors and/or Personal Fitness Trainers.
- NPW certification will assist Health Care Providers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Massage Therapists, Chiropractors and Doctors reach more patients with a safe and effective form of low impact exercise. That is safe with prove results based on scientific studies.
- NPW certification will help you meet the needs of our seniors. You will learn how NPW is beneficial to those with chronic conditions, those recovering from injuries & physical limitations and also how it aids those with balance limitations.
- NPW certification programs will teach you how to design all year programs that will enhance your Walking & Running group programs.
- NPW certification will add value and interest to community Mall Walking Programs
- NPW certification will teach you how to incorporate Nordic Walking into School-based health and fitness programs for all grades.
- NPW certification will add value to retail operators like Health Food Stores, Drug Stores and Athletic Stores when they offer NPW classes or clinics led by certified NPW instructors.
- NPW certification will add an excellent form of low-impact exercise to those who are already walking as part of their hobby like Bird Watchers, Social Walkers, Orienteering Groups and Nature Walkers.
- NPW certification will enhance Cooperate Health Programs with a low-impact exercise that all employees can take part in regardless of age and fitness level. Certified instructors can lead lunchtime walks with your employees to enrich your existing Employee Health Programs.
Content of the Nordic Pole Walking Instructor Certification Course
- Physiology, Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Medical Health Benefits.
- Overview of Clinical Research to date (there are over 350 clinical studies to date)
- Biomechanics of Nordic Pole Walking.
- Analyzing the walking technique and corrections.
Practical Section of the Nordic Pole Walking Certification Course
- Planning and conduction your Nordic Pole Walking Group
- Methodical steps to teach the NPW technique.
- Instructional and Motivational Techniques.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting walking techniques and giving corrections
- Practice of methodical corrections
- Variations of workout intensity / physiological effects
- Proper instruction of warm-up and cool-down exercises for Nordic Walking
- Proper instruction of muscular conditioning exercises with Nordic Poles
Nordic Pole Walking as part of a Holistic Way of Life
- The benefits of exercise to the human body
- How non-impact exercise plus proper nutrition, adequate sleep and stress management are a wonderful recipe for Optimal Health.
- How to set up individual walking programs for yourself and others.
Nordic Pole Walking as a Business
- As a certified NPW Instructor you will qualify to purchase Nordixx poles and equipment at wholesale prices for resell to your clients and friends at suggested retail price.
- As a certified NPW instructor you will be able to design you own Nordic Pole Walking Program
- As a certified NPW instructor you will learn how to market, promote your business and sell equipment
- As a NPW Instructor you will have sources of ongoing support within the Nordic Pole Walking Family
- As a certified NPW Instructor you will have access to resources and websites like www.nordixx.com
To find out next available courses, click here.
Sign up for Nordixx News. We let you know about upcoming trips, workshops, new products, and expansion updates.
Recent News / Events