Endurance & Stamina
- Endurance & Stamina
Development of Endurance
Because you are using 90% of you body muscles, you can increase your endurance faster with Nordic Pole Walking. Even though you are walking slower than you would with regular walking, you achieve the same result: Maximal aerobic power, increased heart rate and higher caloric expenditure. The perceived rate of exertion does not differ from regular walking.
Study: Ripatti (2002)
- studied 24 individuals (48 – 8 yrs) did NPW for 6 weeks 2 times weekly for 60 min (65-85 %HRmax). This improved their endurance capacity even walking at lower speed.
Study: Rogers at al. (1995)
- compared energy expenditure during sub maximal walking with NPW in ten 24 year old, fit women.
- Mean maximal aerobic power (21 vs. 18 ml/kg/min) and heart rate (133 vs.122 bpm) were significantly greater during the walking with poles compared to walking without poles.
- Total caloric expenditure in a 30 minute session was significantly greater during pole walking (174 vs. 141 kcal).
- In contrast, the rating of perceived exertion did not differ between both exercises.
Sign up for Nordixx News. We let you know about upcoming trips, workshops, new products, and expansion updates.
Recent News / Events