Oxygen, Caloric, Heart
- Oxygen, Caloric, Heart
Oxygen Uptake, Caloric Expenditure, Heart Rate, Rate of Perceived Exertion
A 1997 study showed the increased training effects of Nordic Pole Walking when compared to exercising using a Stationary Bicycle or Regular Walking and you can achieve this increased training effect without experiencing any more exhaustion than regular walking: Here are some additional findings:
- 23% more oxygen uptake,
- 22% higher caloric expenditure,
- 16% higher heart rate response.
Subsequent studies showed similar results.
- Porcari (1997) studies on 32 healthy men and women walking with poles resulted in an average of 23% higher oxygen uptake,
- 22% higher caloric expenditure and
- 16% higher heart rate responses compared to walking without poles on a treadmill.
- RPE values averaged 1,5 units higher with the use of poles and the pattern of responses was similar for men and women.
Sign up for Nordixx News. We let you know about upcoming trips, workshops, new products, and expansion updates.
Recent News / Events